Monday, January 30, 2012

It's 2012 And I'm Still Talking Shit

Like all of us, life happened and I had to take a break. And a needed break. But sometimes writing is like your workout regimen that you put on hiatus and some days can't figure out how to start again.

So many topics that I wanted to talk about have flown by since my last post in 2011; however, I got writer's constipation. There was so much shit to say, but I didn't release it, so here I am stuck with this heap of thought.

So let me tell you about an incident I had that has metaphorically released my mental bowels. A spiritual colonic if you will. Yes, it sounds quite disgusting, but it's my truth.

This past weekend I met Field Negro by happen-chance in DC. He asked me why I had stopped blogging and told me that he like my writing. #EcoBlush

He also thought that I was a dude for a long time until my die-hard blogging brother Rippa told him I am straight up chica. #Superecoblush

I told Field Negro my dilemma and he just encouraged me to simply write.

So today, I am writing to free my locked fingers. Give me some time, I am a little rusty. But damn, it feels good to get some of this shit out of me.

As Jill Scott says,"Wide open, wide, loose like bowels after collard greens"

3 ish talking intellectuals holla at a sista:

Unknown said...

Yeah . . . missed you.

bayoucreole said...

I missed you as well. I'll be waiting...

Reggie said...

,"Wide open, wide, loose like bowels after collard greens"

Well damn!!!