Friday, August 3, 2012

Rumors of Casting Call for Black Panther Superhero Animation Draws Predictions

Black Panther
I want to live in Wakanda. I want to have three black babies with T'Challa. I want to take down all the corrupt leaders in Africa and the West Indies. And I want to sip cups of healing wine dipped in vibranium.

If you are wondering what the hell I am talking about, I just had a viewing marathon with Mr. EcoSoul for the Black Panther animation series two weeks ago. I watch Black Dynamite and adore the Boondocks, but there is something quite endearing about Black Panther.

Maybe its my revolutionary roots. Or my private enjoyment of poignant, provocative thoughts and ideas without crass humor.

Now, you know I can be the Queen of Crass, but there are days I want intellectual stimulation that is sobering, dry humor, instead of jarring, borderline vulgarity.

After watching Black Panther,  I wish I could swap Zhinga moves in the jungles of a place that is better than Disneyland, but I am quite content that Marvel Comics is supposedly making an adaptation of the comic superhero into real life.

I am praying that they leave Madeia out of this and give a black man some fucking dignity. Oops, there goes my vulgarity.

But, if I know anything about Hollywood, they will dumb down Black Panther to an albino Tiger. The first series' content in the animation written by one of the Hudlin brothers and produced by Stan Lee was too risque for BET to continue or properly advertise, but Negroes are always about pleasing their masters.

Recently, there has been rumors of a casting call for the movie adaption. In the past, Wesley Snipes, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Djimon Honsou have lobbied for the position of Black Panther, but here are my cast picks, based on the animation.

T'Challa Black Panther

Rugged intelligence and raw, powerful presence. Plus Idris Elba is a great actor.

Ororo "Storm" (TChalla's love interest and Future Wife)


Move over Halle, we need a sister with curves and substance to play this Egyptian goddess shero like Nia Long.

Princess Shuri (T'Challa's sister)

I am really into believable casting. Danai Gurira is beautiful, strong and fierce. Great match for warrior royalty.


Queen Mother (T'Challa's Mom)

Viola Davis is the perfect match as the Queen Mother for a warrior nation. She has acting chops and a die-hard physique.

T'Chaka (Black Panther's Father)


Djimon Hounsou makes a great T'Chaka. Some might say Black Panther, but he is more kingly in an old school way.

 Uncle Syan (Former Black Panther head who still advises T'Challa)

There is an old soul feeling and quiet fearlessness that I like about Anthony Mackie who could totally transform into an older, wizened uncle who once served as the head of state.

  T'Shan (Son of Syan who is jealous of T'Challa)

There is something very bold, grimy and genius about Electronica breaking up the marriage of Rothschild with his penis. Just put him in the movie because he got balls the size of the IMF.


W'Kabi ( T'Challa's trusted advisor)

Finally, a movie that will allow Mos Def to be a dignified side-kick. He would make this movie a serious hit.



















2 ish talking intellectuals holla at a sista:

Reggie said...

Funny, but the minute you started in on this, I immediately thought of Idris Elba for the lead role.

Oh you went over the river and through the woods and nailed the entire cast, I was just thinking who would lead.

This takes me back to being a kid and reading comic books on a regular. I wonder how many kids do that today? I wonder just how many adults actually buy today's comics rather than kids?!?

Anonymous said...

I'd this really real? An all black intelligent-non offensive cast? Idk if it'll even be a featured film in regular rotation. If so, and i'm not dreaming,i will support it on everyway! Crossing my fingers...