Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Simple Tip Can Earn You $50

I've always admired the profession of body aesthetics, commonly known as stripping. It is an audacious display of agility, seduction, and sexuality in a room full of wolves.

I admit, I have taken some very helpful tips; especially since I used to live in the Atlanta. First lesson I learned---a lot of well-bred Spelmanites and CAU co-eds have passed through Magic City to earn tuition money, only to leave turned out.

Nevertheless, I am impressed with the sister in the photo. She must do Yoga and I am working my downward dog in the morning!

But that's not why I am writing this blog. I want to talk about love, marriage and support.

Hands down, I love, love. So much so I ran across a cute blog about a woman who is having the damndest time planning her wedding in Los Angeles.

So much so she is asking the virtual world for tips, and is giving away money every month for the best tip of the month until she gets married.

Click here for Namibia's Blog: http://www.oldnewdarkerthanblue.blogspot.com

Let's help her across the aisle. And I want to help her. She calls her giveaway "recession proof," but I don't know how weddings can be cheap other than going down to the court house in funky shorts and flip-flops and doing the damn thing.

Sheeeit, her proposal to the virtual world might help me with some needed funds in the pocket. But on the real, I'mma help, I'm feeling generous right now.

Plus, me being a native Angeleno, I feel her pain deeply. People in Los Angeles have a different type of shadiness and vanity. It is blinded by the fakeness; all the smiles, fake hair, superficial-thuggery, and nasty case of corrupt cops.

But I have to confess, I discovered I was the queen of false promises when I left the media industry. I thought I could do everything, but let down more folk than I intended.

Hey, I never said I was clean, but I'm damn sure not dirty.

Nevertheless, check out this blog and enter and one of us might win $50.

2 ish talking intellectuals holla at a sista:

Reggie said...

To hell with the wedding thing, let's talk about stripping. I've done all I can through the years to support single mothers one dollar at a time. To me, it's all about the kids. I have the utmost respect for exotic dancers (though I'd prefer that my daughter find something else to do). It's gotta take a lot of courage to go up on a stage in a room full of horny men and perform all types of acrobatics and back that thang up.....but I digress.

I like the idea of the funky shorts and the flip flops, I'd just want to do that in Jamaica....get married on the beach. Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do next time.

...let me go give that sista some advice.

Gabriella said...

Great Great Great Blog

Your blog is so excellent. I am your regular reader of your blog.

I follow your blog. I like your way of posting.

Hey i am interesting in adding your http://ecosoulintellectual.blogspot.com/ in my blog
http://spacestation-shuttle.blogspot.com/


I am honored to add it to my Great Blogs list.

Will you add my blog in your blog list.

Thanks for visiting my blog as well!

Please reply friend.