Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Memorial Update Play-by-Play, Pt. 3

Warning, this is something that women at the church say in the pew...some of it is politically incorrect, but I gotta give it real.

Jermaine sang, yeah, yeah, yeah, next. T'aint nuthin like his brother. Oh yes, the The Kings have arrived, as in the children of MLK. Bernice King, who is an eloquent speaker indeed shared a story about how MJ spoke to her mother, Coretta, before she passed, saying that he was praying daily for her health. This is the humanity that we never got to see. Now Sheila Jackson Lee, good speech, but typical politico verse. Please don't ask me how I know. Usher, or should I say Ursher does a decent ballad with extras by going to the coffin and going to the family. Extras, I sense a show for his career. Smokey Robinson gives a candid and loving narrative. Okay, now here is a little boy doing a rendition of MJ's who is loving you. The crowd goes wild, t'aint the soul of MJ, no blues in it. Oh he's a Black Brit named Shaheem. They are about to swoop him up and do the Hollywood 1-2 step. Okay y'all I might be able to do one more, but I gotta go soon...oh, I think its over. That's it! Wow, a little flat. Party on the street! holla and blog on...kns

1 ish talking intellectuals holla at a sista:

ayankha said...

thanks for the play-by-play! I was only able to catch glimpses as it aired in the evening. despite content, I'm just glad that it got lots of ratings, as it should have.