Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Culture of Videotaping Violence



I am so disgusted with the surge of videos promoting violence, especially black violence. Whatever happened to Jackass? Go and smash your nuts with a brick or something. Good, clean ignorant self-inflicted pain sells millions; however, street corner fights with humiliating footage just reifies the savagery that is thought of you.

Good ole America. Land of violence and domestic terror.

When a crowd of onlookers laugh as a black man beats up a woman, it is a sure indicator that we have serious, deep-ingrained issues. And I am sick-and-tired of certain bullshit mega-blogs that condone these incidents with crude anecdotes. And the news channgles that pick and choose certain violent acts.

It wouldn't be funny if any of those people were at the wrong end of an ass whooping.

But what boggles me more is the lack of legal action against these atrocities. And what worries me more is the culture of video violence it is creating.

3 ish talking intellectuals holla at a sista:

bayoucreole said...

This was horrible. I can't even say anything else because, I'm so sick of how the world is today.

Reggie said...

Look this was absolutely horrible.....but regardless I'm not gonna be smashing my testicles with a brick............

z.bediako said...

Love your blog. I stumbled upon it as I was looking for a picture of an angry black woman. Jewel.

Anyway, I am glad that I came across this post. I have been feeling the same way for a while.