Sunday, October 3, 2010

Black Folk & Ligion'

The other night as I was chopping it up with a friend about life, we began recounting church scandals in her area of Philly.

We got on black folk, ligion' and our propensity to worship our "leaders" and "prophets" who are mostly self-appointed.

This "waiting on Jesus, Allah, Buddah and Rastafari" and as Peter Tosh puts it "Pie in the Sky" shit has got to stop.

She said something potent when she said, "We are worshipping the man and forgetting to worship God."

With that said, I love this vlog by comedienne Cadillac Kim. Check it out.

2 ish talking intellectuals holla at a sista:

Reggie said...

Cadillac Kim seriously needs to take her act to the stage, that was funny as hell!!! I just love how she was quoting the Bible and cursing her ass off at the same time.

..."Eddie Long did wrong"...and "I wanna know who's doing the swallowing" and "a wig wearing man".

The wig never threw me off.

bayoucreole said...

I LOVE CADILLAC KIM! She is rouge as hell!