I'm battled fatigued and I haven't even shot one bullet. It seems that I've been in battle-prone alert since Sept. 11, just like the rest of the country.
But since the US has been fighting I don't know who overseas, it has made me more aware of how much conflict is going on in the world. Israel/Palestine, Thailand, Myanmar, Sudan, Yemen, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Mexico, Papau, Ethiopia, and this list goes on and on. It is as if the world is one some serious steroids and wants to shoot shit, and rape shit, and conquer shit, and kill shit.
I am so tired of fighiting. I am done with every other fucking movie being some American military blows up the world. Or a cop flick fighting the bad guys. John Wayne is dead and the Terminator is packing his shit to leave Cali quickly. WAR NO MORE.
If anything, in my opinion, one of the things 2010 will capture is settling of the dust of many turmoils.
I applaud Obama for meeting a very important goal. Removing the masses of troops out of Iraq. Now there are only about, hmmmm, let's see, the size of a Jersey town still there.
But I got to give it to him, the Wild Wild West mentality is not fashionable in the White House. A cool head right now is better than a fucking fool like Bush.
However, if we left it up to Bush, our great-grandbabies would be fighting a war that has a reason that is so ambiguous these days. It's like when you have a fight with your best friend and hate each other for 10 years, then can't remember exactly what the fighting was about.
So I hope those who were ready to Nuke millions of civilians are feeling a little stupid these days.
Of course not, there are other things to fight, like Obama, the BIG government, and progressive movements linked to people of color or homosexuals.
But fot the sake of it, let's do a quick check with our gains from the Operation Iraqi Liberation O.I.L., oops I mean Operation Iraqi Freedom O.I.F.
1. Deficit War Spending $3 Trillion (though some analyst say its $709 billion. Who the fuck has the right calculater. And the creditors are on me about student loans.
2. Papsmears and Nutchecks before you go on to the plane
3. Vehement profiling against Muslims, Arabs, and any Latino or Olive-toned black person that looks like them.
4. Over 100,000 documented Iraqi deaths that are mostly civilians and include a significant number of women and children.
5. Not a dent in civil liberties for Iraqi women, but in fact much has gotten worse. Do you remember the whole media thing around the oppressed women in Iraq to use as a ploy to pull us in. These women were used like a wet food-stamp.
6. As of August 22, the American military deaths were 5,623.
7. A possible draft that has been something your beloved Congressman Rangel has been trying to get enacted since 2005/2006.
8. And oh yeah, another war(s), Pakistan we're here, and Iran, here we come.
You what we need, a fucking song. Sing it brothers....Study war no more! It's time to love and feel good.