Sunday, February 21, 2010

When the Music Hits You Feel No Pain

There are days when absolutely nothing can touch me. And today, is one of those days. I am here relaxing with Mr. EcoSoul (thank you for giving me the idea Field Negro for naming my other half) and listening to some music that is moving me.

So I will share an excellent video of India.Arie and musical phenomenon Raul Madon. Divine genius is the only word I can describe Raul. He is a musical gem. Listening to him use him accurately recreate a trumpet noise with his mouth in order to accompany Arie's "Back to Middle," made goose bumps stand on the back of my neck and arms.

Madon who is blind has mastered his sense of hearing to the point he shows how instruments really recreate the sounds of the body and life. Ahhh, I am totally in awe and admiration.

Today, the racism, sexism, spiritual-devaluing, ignorance, imbalance is all something that has been conquered with melody. I will always agree with Marley, "When the music hits, you feel no pain." Ase on that.

Blog on with bliss, balance, and love
EcoSoulintellectual

2 ish talking intellectuals holla at a sista:

Reggie said...

Very nice, very nice indeed.

Goddess Intellect said...

I will need to check out this vid when I get home tonight, but I just wanted to add that I'm feeling the new layout!